Saturday, May 4, 2013

Family of 4

     As of March 1st we became a family of 4.  It's been a pretty easy transition.  Owen is a very laid back baby.  He has his moments at night when he just really doesn't feel like sleeping, but other than that he is super easy.  He was exactly one month early.  Born at 35 1/2 weeks and weighing in at 6 lbs 9oz.  Not bad for a preemie.
    Now to the birth story: I had a doctors appt on Feb 28 and I told my doc that I had had some bleeding again (this was about the 5th episode).  She was sick and tired of me having all these bleeding episodes so she admitted me to the hospital to stay and was going to do a c-section in one week when I would be about 36 1/2 weeks.  I spent that first night in the hospital and the next morning she came in concerned about Owen's heart rate.  She then proceeded to tell me that she was going to do an emergency c-section right then.  The nurses immediately started to pack up all my belongings in the room and told me to call my husband.  And the nerves kicked in.  It was about 8:45am and Kevin had dropped Lydia off at a friends house and was at work.  I had just gotten off the phone with him 10 min before and told him everything was fine and I would talk to him later.  This was before all the drama happened.  So I attempted to call him back before the nurses needed to pack my phone up and wouldn't you know, he didn't answer.  I then started to send him and family and friends a text message saying I was about to have a c-section in a matter of minutes.  Thank goodness he called back very quickly and I had to have the nurse talk to him about what was going on because I was too shaken up.  They wheeled me back to the OR and started to prep me for surgery.  I was shaking from head to toe uncontrollably.  I had a very good nurse that was supporting me through the process.  In the meantime, Kevin had arrived and was getting dressed for the OR.  Owen then arrived at 9:15, just 30 minutes after my doc originally told me she was going to do an emergency c-section.
     So it's been a couple months since then and everything is going good.  Owen is a chunky monkey and I am all healed up.  We are now a family of 4.











     If you can't tell: Lydia loves her baby brother.  She calls him "buddy boy" because she's heard Kevin call him that a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment