After talking with Kevin about what the doctor said, he said "I hate doctor's". Haha. I find that a little interesting. He doesn't think, nor do I, that Lydia's constant waking is due to the fact that she doesn't know how to calm herself to sleep. Mainly because she does know how, she's done it on numerous occasions in the past. That was just the easiest answer for the doctor so that's what they contributed it to it. Gotta love em. So of course Kevin has been doing his own research and we have decided to try a couple of our own things. For one, yesterday I went and bought Lydia a special kind of formula that is supposed to help with her problem. And like any "special" formula, this one comes with a hefty price tag. If this formula helps we will be spending approximately $50 a week. I think we're going to have to make some cut backs. Not like we splurge on stuff anyway. So I started the formula yesterday afternoon and she did sleep a little better. We also have her bed propped up to help with digestion. She didn't wake up till 1:30 and then she woke again at 4:15. It took her a little longer to go back to sleep the last time she woke up but she went back to sleep on her own cause I let her cry it out, doctor knows best. :) Then she didn't wake up till 8. So all in all it was a better night.
Kevin is currently taking his first test of the week. Only 3 more to go and then he's done. I know he's going to be so excited. We might actually go out with his classmates Friday night to celebrate. Hopefully one of his classmates mom's can come babysit. She is extremely trust worthy. She deals with babies for a living. She knows what she's doing.
When I started this blog I did not intend to make it all about Lydia's problems, but now it's how I keep up with them. So I know when we tried something or started something and if it worked or not. So please just bare with me. I'm hoping she will soon grow out of all this.
oh, she shall grow out of them, don't worry. that's the problem with sweet little babies, they grow. *tear* you are a fantastic mother, an average tennis player, and a wonderful friend. So keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete